On the Boards
In the fall we met with a corporate client to present 3 different schemes for their entry, lobby, and 1st floor. Each scheme included paint, porcelain tile, vinyl planks, and carpet. We offered different flooring patterns in each scheme as well as accent colors.
In the end, we all agreed on the 3rd scheme, see below. This scheme had bold and neutral paint accents. The atrium flooring will be vinyl planks in an exaggerated herringbone with a timeless carpet pattern in the main corridors.
They started painting at the end of March, the lobby is looking bright and refreshed. Since they started painting they decided to add the remaining floors to the scope. We’ve been checking on their progress and look forward to seeing the finished installation!
Rep Round Up
- Wolf Gordon with Devon Fahey, we had a nice coffee chat! Devon recently started scheduling these and it was a nice change of pace, made for a fun and informal meeting. We got to catch up a bit, talk shop about how important social media is now that we are mostly virtual. She presented new releases – we liked several of the graphic wallcoverings, Russell Square and Flora being top favorites!
- Ultrafabrics with Jamie Bush, she was able to stop in to update our binder. Ultrafabrics is a great option for performance fabrics, especially now that facilities are using harsher cleaners. We’re hoping to use Ultraleather, Pearlized on some potential senior living projects. The Pearlized line is very sophisticated with subdued metallic colorways!
- Third Stall Contract with Ashley Sciore, we scheduled a Zoom call to connect about her new position. She now represents several flooring lines ranging from engineered wood to woven vinyl. It was nice to catch up and learn about the different lines. We look forward to seeing the flooring in person and incorporating them into future projects!
- Koroseal with Vicki Krekorian, it’s been too long since we last saw each other! Koroseal updated their wall protection binder and now have a color chip box to reference. She highlighted numerous wallcoverings – lots of neutrals and textures. We ordered a yard of Arte – Kami, Koi in hopes of using for a presentation in May!
- Kelli Mildren with Spartan Surfaces, came with a full cart! We had a lot of products to cover, since we last met. Spartan carries a wide range of products – rubber to porcelain tiles. There were many favorites, especially Hero Rubber Flooring with Nike Grind! Such a fun backstory and we love the pop of colors.
Guess what y’all?! Katie celebrated her 8th work anniversary this month at SAS! It’s crazy how fast time goes by….especially when there is a deadline looming over your head! Here’s to making more memories and days filled with sass!!
Also, some exciting news – we are fully vaccinated, as is most of our office! We know there are still challenges to face but we look forward to the road ahead and getting back to doing what we love!