On the Boards
This last month flew by and here we are starting March…hoping for a better March than 2020!!!
We never discussed what kept us busy during our quarantine – besides skinny margs! Before the pandemic happened we had just started design meetings for a senior living project- which consists of remodeling the existing healthcare building, as well as, an addition to their independent living building.
We never slowed down transitioning into working from home. We continued our meetings, but had to adjust to virtual design meetings through zoom. It was important to stay on track to meet our deadlines. We ordered several sets of samples and sent out packages per meeting for everyone to review before and during the meeting. It was a lot of planning and coordinating amongst our team. We had to be organized and one step ahead of everyone in order for the meetings to be successful.
It took a team effort to get through those couple of months of working from home. Below are renderings of one of the schemes we presented to the client during our virtual meetings. We’re excited for construction to start in the spring!
Rep Round Up
- EJ Welch with Heather Posey, highlighted updates on CBC flooring lines that have been recolored! Our favorite being Kareina Asento – named after our own Karina Soto! We’re hoping they create a 5mm thickness with the same colorways.
- Global Furniture Group with Rosemary Maslanka and Sallie Ann Westbrook, we haven’t done a lot of work with Global in the past, so we enjoyed the overview of products. We liked the Corby, a mid-century modern collection that has the option to include pops of color, adding a fun subtle accent. Also, they highlighted their new Wellness Solutions – protective screens and panels. It’s been beneficial to see how companies are implementing products to help create safe environments moving forward in these new times.
- Momentum Textiles with Amy Gibbons, had several new textiles and PVC free wallcoverings to introduce to us. We met in person which was nice to see and touch the new products! There were a few favorites we’re excited to use on future projects – the Clean Vinyl Dome, Mezzanine, and Blurred Plaid.
- LightArt with Renee Silverstein and 3Form with April Kort, we got a 2 for 1 appointment with these ladies! Both highlighted new acoustic products and custom capabilities that are available to make our projects unique. The new Coil pendants really stood out to us, which are 3D printed upcycled plastic pendants! They are available in seven shapes in either white or black.
Click on the images for links to the manufacturer’s website.
- Galentine Cookie decorating night with Tanja Davis from IFB and Elizabeth Hynes from Designtex, started our month out! Tanja schooled us with her decorating skills and Elizabeth kept us laughing the whole night. A fun duo that matches our sass! We think our cookies came out pretty cute, what do you think?!?
- Virtual Cooking Class with Julianne DeCarlo from Patcraft and Chef Giuseppe Tentori from GT Kitchen. We made potato gnocchi with italian sausage, tomato sauce, mozzarella, and basil – delicious! Katie was definitely out of her comfort zone for this class. We face timed each other and made it into another Sassy K team effort! It was fun to try a new recipe and challenge ourselves.
- Cupid’s Cocktails with Susan Ernest from MDC Wallcovering + several other reps from Arborite, Rockfon, Laminart, & Crossville. These cocktails were delicious – our cocktail slinging talents are going to impress several people once we can start entertaining again!!
- F4D Virtual Valentine’s Workshop with Maggie Gosselin from Shaw Contract. This workshop allowed us to slow down a bit and try out our creativity through a different outlet! Another skill to add to our entertaining to come. Plus, they treated us with tea and Sweet Shot Cookies!