On the Boards
This month was busy with several meetings, deadlines, and site visits! We have two projects currently being installed – a nursing home and a corporate office. Both are close to our office, so we have been able to pop in a few times in the past couple weeks.
- The nursing home’s first phase is under construction. There were a lot of underlying issues that appeared when we started construction. But all has been repaired, and now the installers are moving full speed ahead. The tile installers cranked out several resident room toilets. There were a few material changes from our original spec due to lead times, but we’re happy they’re back on track. Subway tiles are a timeless tile that are overused across the board, but we enjoy mixing it up and creating different patterns!
- The corporate project is starting to install the carpet we specified for their atrium remodel. We went with the Shaw carpet – Suited, Textile in Denim. This also is a timeless pattern and we’re eager to see the final install.
Rep Round Up
I think the word is out! We are meeting with reps in person! Our emails are blowing up and our calendar is filling up like whoa. Unfortunately, we can’t see everyone in person, so we are limiting our in person meetings to four a month. It’s been nice seeing faces again, that we haven’t seen in FOREVER! We hope by the end of summer our meetings will all be in person.
- Momentum with Amy Gibbons, had tons of new upholstery and wallcoverings to show! We ordered several samples of upholstery. Also, Amy highlighted several new Sina Pearson patterns – her color palettes are always on point…her price on the other hand, not so much 😉
- Justin David and Arteriors with Rose Riggio, lots of vinyls to review. The options were endless – great colorways and several different textures. Arteriors has always been one of our favorites. They have really developed their line to be more conducive to contract projects. She highlighted how they are carrying more than just statement light fixtures in their catalog. We look forward to specify a few, if not several, on future projects.
- Stone Source with Iris Robinson, we scheduled a Zoom call to learn about her new position. This is a very cool company, and we’re glad now to have a contact to reach out to. We’re always on the hunt for accent tiles that are different and impactful – and it looks like this is what they do best! We covered their latest release and look forward to seeing more in person.
- Coral with Debbie Abrams, brought new drapery, prints, and upholstery! There was a lot to review, since we last saw each other. The drapery options were great – we’re always looking for patterns instead of solids, especially for our senior living projects. The flexibility to print on different base cloths makes options endless.
Click on the images for links to the manufacturer’s website.